#28 How to stop hourly billing with Geraldine Carter
Pricing is one of the big issues business owners and freelancers struggle with. Far too many entrepreneurs opt for hourly billing when they start out, only to get stuck in the cycle of charging per hour for their expertise.
But it’s a pricing model that limits earning potential and stunts any decent level of business growth. It also makes it difficult to outsource because you’re constantly thinking about your bottom line - it’s why I always recommend moving to fixed prices and packages as soon as possible!
So in this episode of The Pricing Queen, we’ll be covering:
- Why it’s so important to get your pricing right [2.21]
- The frustrations business owners face around pricing and business strategy [3:59]
- How to set your fixed prices [5:40]
- How to move existing clients from hourly billing to fixed pricing [7:15]
- What to focus on and monitor once you have fixed pricing in place [7:45]
- How to prevent scope creep [8:42]
- The key thing to do, if you’re pricing for new and ad-hoc services [11:11]
- Discovery calls and the questions you need to answer to price accurately [17:37]
- Why you need to cut your potential clients some slack! [20:35]
- Holding your ground as an expert and how this affects your pricing [23:40]
- Real-world examples of businesses moving from hourly to fixed pricing [26:13]
Geraldine Carter’s website - SheThinksBigCoaching.com
Follow Geraldine on LinkedIn - linkedin.com/in/geraldine-carter/
Opt-in for the ‘$10,000 an hour CPA scorecard’ - SheThinksBigCoaching.com/queen
Get help with working out your pricing - http://www.thepricingqueen.com/pricing-calculator
Listen, rate, and subscribe!
Like what you hear? Don’t forget to rate and leave a review to help spread the word!