#30 Getting investment in your business with Deborah Edwards
Have you ever wondered how to get investment in your business? For many business owners, it’s something they may never think about or want. But depending on your goals, it’s worth thinking about investment or borrowing, as they can help you quickly grow your business to the level you want.
Funding and investment isn’t an area I’m an expert in, so it was great to chat with Chartered Accountant and founder of Raised Up Finance, Deborah Edwards, on this subject. It’s a conversation that will help many business owners navigate their way through finding the right funding and investing options for them.
So in this episode of The Pricing Queen, we’ll be covering:
- Two things you need to consider before you look into funding options [2:03]
- Getting clear on what you’re gaining - and giving up [4:45]
- Why government incentives are good for you and an investor [6:13]
- The importance of having a knowledgeable accountant on your team [6:48]
- How to pick the right investor for you [8:39]
- Crowdfunding as a viable funding option [10:37]
- Small business grants [12:11]
- Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists [13:24]
- What to watch for if opting for friends and family funding [13:56]
- Why self-funding can become a bit of an expensive hobby scenario [15:52]
- The importance of a business plan [17:42]
Get help with working out your pricing - http://www.thepricingqueen.com/pricing-calculator
Follow Deborah on Instagram - @raisedup.finance
Listen, rate, and subscribe!
Like what you hear? Don’t forget to rate and leave a review to help spread the word!